A sweet treat, from Wholesome Wave’s Chef Michel Nischan, that you can throw on the grill post-dinner.
Grilled Peaches with Gorgonzola Dolce and Toasted Walnuts
Yield: 6-8 portions
Gorgonzola dolce is a deliciously creamy and slightly sweet blue cheese—much milder and softer than most of its blue cheese cousins. It melts beautifully over warm just-grilled peaches.
Grapeseed oil for grill
8 large firm but ripe peaches, halved and pitted
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound gorgonzola dolce
Honey for drizzling
1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; brush with oil.
- Season cut side of peaches with salt and pepper.
- Place peaches, cut-side-down, onto prepared grill. Grill until charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving platter and immediately spoon cheese into cavities.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.