A delicious main course, from Wholesome Wave’s Chef Michel Nischan, to pair with our Old Vine Zinfandel.
Grilled Rack of Lamb
Yield: 6-8 portions
Fresh rosemary perfumes rack of lamb as it cooks on the grill. It doesn’t get any simpler, or more delicious.
2 racks of lamb, frenched (2 to 2 1/2 pounds each), chine bones removed and excess fat trimmed
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large bunch fresh rosemary
- About 1 1/2 to 2 hours before cooking, remove lamb from refrigerator and let stand to come to room temperature.
- Prepare grill for medium-high indirect heat. (For charcoal grill, bank coals on one side of grill; for gas grill, leave one burner off.)
- Generously season lamb with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, turning and moving to cooler part of grill as needed to avoid flare-ups, until browned and seared all over, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange rosemary sprigs on cooler side of grill. Place lamb on top. Cover grill, and continue cooking lamb over rosemary, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center reads 125ºF for medium-rare, about 15 minutes more.
- Transfer lamb to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes, then cut into individual chops.