Carignan and comfort food just naturally belong together, we couldn’t think of a better pairing than a hearty and healthy bowl of turkey chili.
Pair with Evangelho Carignan
Yield: 6 portions
1 oz Olive oil
5 lbs Ground turkey
2 ea Sweet onions, large, diced
½ cup Garlic, slivered
¼ cup Chile powder
2 Tbsp. Ground cumin
1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Onion salt
6 ½ cups Pomi chopped tomatoes, approximately 2 each 26.4 oz box
4 cups Chicken stock
2 cans Kidney beans, drained, rinsed
¼ cup Onions, minced
¼ cup Cilantro chopped
1 ea Lime
½ cup Cheddar cheese, grated
to taste Salt and pepper
- Heat a sauce pot over medium high heat. Add oil and ground turkey. Brown turkey over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from sauce pan once cooked. Reserve.
- Add onions and cook until lightly caramelized. Add garlic until aromatic. Add spices and cook for 1 minute until aromatic. Add browned meat and tomatoes. Cook until juice from tomatoes has reduced to a paste. Add chicken stock and bring back to a simmer. Cook until flavors meld, approximately 20 minutes. Add kidney beans and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine onions, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt.
- To serve: Ladle chili into a bowl. Garnish with cheddar cheese and a spoonful of cilantro onion mixture.